Braised Pork Belly
2lb whole pork belly
2 cups white wine
2 cups fresh apple juice
4 cups chicken stock
3 shallots chopped
6 cloves garlic chopped
3 sprigs of thyme
salt and pepper
- Score and sear pork belly fat side down until golden brown
- Remove from pan and drain off excess rendered fat
- Add the chopped garlic and shallots to pan and sweat with 1 table spoon of butter
- Place pork back into the pan and add the three liquids.
- Cover with parchment and foil – braise in oven at 350 for 3 hours.
- Strain 3/4 of the remaining liquid after the belly has braised and reduce for the final sauce
- Serve with favorite vegetable and starch